Re: Form Spam

I was getting those as well on my website's form, so I added a
honeypot field and a math question (I'm not overly fond of captchas
for my own stuff, but anyway). The field itself is hidden, so bots
will fill it out causing the e-mail sending routine to bail out
(though they don't know that since it looks like it was sent :) That's
assuming that they were able to figure out the math question before
hand. Maybe not fort knox, but it does help out for me at least.

Adam.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 6:11 AM, Gary<gwpaul@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a client with a form on his site and he is getting spammed.  It
> appears not to be from bots but human generated.  While they are coming from
> India, they do not all have the same IP address, but they all have gmail
> addresses, New York  addresses are used in the input field and they all
> offer SEO services.  It is not overwhleming, but about 5 a month.
>
> What is the best way to stop this.
>
> Thanks
>
> Gary
>

> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4351 (20090820) __________