Re: SESSIONS lost sometimes

The original problem..

>> server is losing session variables.
I dont think PHP is not good at unset() ing variables while the script
is executing.

general logger will be of use in this case (especially when cant
reproduce the problem every time). PEAR, Zend, FirePHP, files... any
thing will do...

try to log every thing related to sessions at the start of the page...
session_id, $_SESSION super global, _SERVER['PHP_SELF']
do the same thing after the script exists...

i had a similar problem earlier...
a page in my app used to change $_SESSION['id']. It took me ages to
find out the source... even grep was of no use... at last  i was able
to isolate the page that was causing this, with the help of logging.
Of course, the main problem was that my production server has
register_globals on, while my development server has them off.