Re: DB Question | A hotel reservation scenario

At 2:46 PM -0400 8/18/09, Floyd Resler wrote:
I would create a room history table that contained three fields: room number, status, date stamp. Each time the status of a room changes insert a new record into the table with the current status and date/time.

Take care,
Floyd

That's the way I would handle it -- clean and simple.

That way not only would have have the current status of each room, but you could use that data to perform all sorts of analysis, such as which rooms are most popular, what dates provide the most traffic, which rooms may need more maintenance, and so on.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------