Re: Re: DB Question | A hotel reservation scenario

Based on Ashely's reply, I created the following scheme:

The table "Rooms" has the following fields.

- id (PK)
- room_no (varchar)
- status (ENUM: Busy, Reserved)

the other table, "RoomLogs", has the following fields:
- room_id (the id from above table)
- status_modified_on (date)
- status (enumerated value - 'busy','reserved')

The problem is to generate a graph to display status of rooms in different
periods of
time (daily, weekly, monthly).
X Axis = Status (Busy, Reserved)
Y Axis = Number of rooms with a certain status (the last status for each
room makes sense)