Re: Is select_db necessary?

I agree totally, are we not dicussing speed issues all the time? and then we
recommend a code doing an unessesary job on every call?

an ANSI selct db in the sql forces any database to run the internal select
db because there would be no check if the databse is the current one.
because, databasedevelopers can espext some smartness of us, the
programmers. its a lot off stuff to do for the database to select a
database. for shure, the database leafs that IN OUR hand to avoid to force
time consuming server resources.

ralph
ralph_deffke@xxxxxxxx