Re: Single quoted strings (was: ereg_replace to preg_replace translation)

> Personally I try to not use double quoted.
> PHP parses single quoted very much faster.
>
> # for this
> echo "Hi, $name, wellcome $home";
>
> # I use
> echo 'Hi, ', $name, ', wellcome ', $home;

I'm not sure if this was true in older versions of PHP, but it's not so much
any more, and I wonder if it was ever worth the loss of readability.

Interesting discussion about this on the Google Group "Make the Web Faster".
The focal points of the discussion are an article by a lead Google engineer,
and then a point-by-point refutation by a PHP core developer. Here's the
refutation:

http://groups.google.com/group/make-the-web-faster/browse_thread/thread/ddfbe82dd80408cc

Ben