Re: Can php be cause a strain on a web server

On Sat, 2009-08-08 at 10:08 -0500, Jerry Wilborn wrote:
> You're going to have to be more
> specific.  There are very few problems where this is absolutely no solution.
>
> Jerry Wilborn
> jerrywilborn@xxxxxxxxx
>

> On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 2:51 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Curious george wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a case where php can become unscalable for a web sever ? If
> > > so can anyone please state to me how... Thanks
> > > George
> >
> > Yes, any inappropriately designed application can be unscalable wherever
> > it runs.
> >

> > /Per
> >
> > --
> > Per Jessen, Zürich (21.6°C)
> >

> > --

He only said it 'can be' not 'is', so yeah, if you design an app so
badly, there is a chance you've designed it in such a way that you can't
scale it. Like you said yourself, there are few cases where this will
happen, but in those few cases, is it not likely that bad design was at
least part of why it can't be scaled?

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk