Re: Notification system

On Aug 2, 2009, at 7:59 AM, Dušan Novaković <ndusan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone has any idea how to create notification system with
combination of php, mysql and javascript. It should be something
similar to facebook notification system (when someone make some action
it should be automatically reported to other people on system through
pop-up menu or something like that). I just need some basic idea how
to start or if someone has some example it would be perfect.

Thanks,
Dusan

-- made by Dusan

I think you could have some kind if Ajax polling of a php function. To keep the traffic down you could set it to poll once a minute or every 30 seconds or so. Send a simple XML stream that could feed a defined JavaScript function or a bit of xslt for display.

Bastien

Sent from my iPod --