Re: Need quick got written up yesterday!! OUCH (RESOLVED)

Terion,

I've done a lot of backend programming, but I'm even more newbie than you in PHP... so take this from an equal, & FWIW: I think we in this work can all get dry/impersonal and grouchy at times, but to rephrase the others, in perhaps more encouraging terms: I think the guys just want the natural satisfaction of seeing you grow in understanding. it is really fulfilling to help people; we all love helping someone in need! But we all also want to see our investment stick and make a difference in the long run. Putting out fires is ok once in a while, but much more satisfying is contributing to someone getting good at this stuff, even if at a humble pace.

John Butler (Govinda)
govinda.webdnatalk@xxxxxxxxx