Re: Script to Compare Database Structures

Look into the Reverse module of PEAR MDB2.
http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.database.mdb2.intro-reverse-module.php

Cheers,

Mattias

Matt Neimeyer wrote:
I know I CAN hack something together but I hate to reinvent the wheel.

I want to be able to compare the structure of two different clients
databases that might be on different servers that are firewalled away
from each other. Given the two structures it will list all the SQL
commands needed to make the database structure the same.

In a perfect world on one side you would pull up a PHP page that does
a "generate structure" which would create a downloadable file which
you could then upload to the other system which would then give a
listing of the SQL commands needed to make the local structure match
the uploaded structure.

Thanks in advance...

Matt