PHP programming strategy

Is anyone here interested in discussing programming strategy, or or know of a discussion
group which is interested in the subject?

The sorts of questions I am interested in are:

1. I have a highly variable program which always shows the same page, but which includes
different modules to give different results.  The various modules call on different
functions. Is it better to minimise memory by including only the functions actually
required, but increase the number of files included, or to bundle all the functions into
one file, thereby reducing the number of files included but increasing the size in memory?

2. As PHP is an interpreted program comments certainly increase the memory requirements,
and presumably they slow down the operation of the program. Would stripping out the
comments before uploading the production version give any visible improvement in
performance?