Re: Back again with query problems and row problems

Miller, Terion wrote:
> Okay I'm back guys...not sure what happened it was working..now it's all hung up...
> Here are the errors:
>
> Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/vhosts/getpublished.news-leader.com/httpdocs/ResturantInspections/restaurants.php on line 464
>
> Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/vhosts/getpublished.news-leader.com/httpdocs/ResturantInspections/restaurants.php on line 488
>

> Here is the full code snippet:
>
>                                                                 <?php                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 // Check if page is set to show all                                    if(isset($_GET['show']) && $_GET['show'] == 'all')                                    {                                      unset($_SESSION['results']);                                      unset($_SESSION['searchname']);                                      unset($_SESSION['address']);
     {                                      // List not grabbed yet, so run query and store in $_SESSION                                                                          //check for range                                    if (!(isset($rangenum)))                                      {                                      $rangenum = 1;                                      }                                      // Grab all restaurants in alphabetical order                                      $sql = "SELECT ID, name, address, inDate, inType, notes, critical, cviolations, noncritical FROM restaurants, inspections WHERE restaurants.name != '' AND restaurants.ID = inspections.ID ORDER BY name;";                                      $result = mysql_query($sql);                                                                        //trying to grab it by ranges from the db?                                     $rows = mysql_num_rows($sql);
   $page_rows = 100;                                      $last_row = ceil($rows/$page_rows);                                                                            if ($rangenum < 1)                                    {                                      $rangenum = 1;                                      }                                      elseif ($rangenum > $last_row)                                      {                                      $rangenum = $last_row;                                      }                                                                            //This sets the range to display in our query                                      $max = 'limit ' .($rangenum - 1) * $page_rows .',' .$page_rows;                                                                                                                                                        // Process all results into $_SESSION array
                        $position = 1;                                                                            while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))                                      {                                      $_SESSION['fullRestaurantList'][$position] = $row;                                      $position++;                                      }                                                                            $_SESSION['totalNumberOfRestaurants'] = $position;                                                                          }                                  ?>

> It's like 15min til 4pm here in Missouri and I am so out the door at 4..because this has been one long frustrating day..and this girl needs a beer.....or two.
> Talk to you all tomorrow!
> Terion

	$sql = "SELECT ID, name, address, inDate, inType, notes, critical,
cviolations, noncritical FROM restaurants, inspections WHERE
restaurants.name != '' AND restaurants.ID = inspections.ID ORDER BY name;";
	$result = mysql_query($sql);

Because the following line is wrong
	//trying to grab it by ranges from the db?
	$rows = mysql_num_rows($sql);

should be

	$rows = mysql_num_rows($result);

But this is failing...

	while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {

because your

	$result = mysql_query($sql);

is probably failing.

Try changing the

	$result = mysql_query($sql);

	$result = mysql_query($sql) or die(mysql_error());

What ever you do, don't use this in production code.  But it WILL be
useful with testing.

Jim Lucas