Re: need to get .html files parsed by PHP. -- WAS: why does PHP parse "*.html" files in one subdir/ but not in another?

Most security issues have nothing to do with the programming language
and everything to do with the code. Just because "facebook uses the
.php extension" certainly does not mean their code has no security
holes and even if it's clean it certainly doesn't mean your code will
be secure.

Stuart I hear you. Writing rock solid code is my aim.. I was just trying to cover my butt a little (for whatever very little it is worth) in the meanwhile by way of obfuscation.

If you really want to hide the fact that you're using PHP you need to
make sure that...

* You're not using the .php extension

thus my OP.

* You turn expose_php off in your php.ini

what does this one ^^^ do exactly ?

* You turn display_errors off in your php.ini