Inverting a dependency list

I recall, years ago, having a set of utilities that would build a call
tree from application code written in C. This was useful for figuring
out dependencies in code that someone else had written. I would like to
do something similar with a large PHP application I am now maintaining,
but with a slightly different emphasis.

This application includes several library files which contain more than
400 function declarations. I need to determine how many of those
functions are actually used by the application and which can be culled
from the code base. Is there an easy way to determine which of them are
called somewhere and then work through the call tree to identify the
orphans?

Bob McConnell