Re: RFC/Survey for Our Newer Folks (Including Lurkers)

Howdy Daniel and Group,

        I'm new here, in fact, my first post was just a few days ago.  I'm a
computer hobbiest hoping to transition myself into the IT world at some
point in the near future, having spent most of my life working in building
construction.  (Guess, I'm just getting too old and tired to cut the mustard
there.. ;-)  I've just started trying to learn web development with php, but
I've done alot of reading and poking around in a few other languages, but
nothing in a big way.

        I came upon this newsgroup after looking around on the main php
documentation site and finding a notice there about it.  My coming here was
brought about by me posting on a couple of  forums and waiting for days for
an answer of any kind, if I were to get an answer at all.  I am glad to have
found this place since the members seem to be quite knowledgable and most of
all, willing to share that knowledge.  I'll try not to be a nuisance with
frivolous questions and go to the docs and search engines first.  Thanks you
all for being here and for being so willing to help.

Mark