RE: PHP doesn't see php.ini

-----Original Message-----
From: Tir [mailto:tirsatay@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 25 June 2009 08:48 PM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  PHP doesn't see php.ini

> Presume you did restart apache after making the change?
Of course

> Is there anything in your phpinfo output that relates to your php.ini?
I think there must be a mention of MySQL because i've enabled it. But it
isn't there.

> Maybe some error near the beginning of php.ini causes php to stop
I use a copy of php.ini-recommended from PHP distributive. I don't think
that there could be errors. I've only uncommented few strings to enable
MySQL extensions, set display_errors on and changed extension_dir.

> Check that the "extension_dir" in phpinfo agrees with the "extension_dir"
> in your php.ini.
It agrees.

> Maybe try enabling error logging in the php.ini and check the log file
> - I use apache\logs\phperror.log and invalid extension loading is
> definitely reported there (I've had this problem before).
That's it, i think. I've enabled display_startup_errors and now on start
apache i receive errors. PHP can't find libraries of MySQL extensions. But
this libraries exactly exist in folder that indicated in error messages.
What that could be?

--

Does mysql run from the command line? You can also download MySQL
Administrator from mysql.com and see if it can connect to mysql.

Cheers
Arno