Re: I've some doubts if I should go with 5.2 or go already with 5.3 (for a course)

Let's put it this way: MVC frameworks with namespaces are going to change a
lot. The architecture can be made much cleaner and class names won't have to
be so long (Zend_Db_Adapter_Db2_Exception), for instance.

The design part of coding is __VERY__ important, and this changes are
specially for that. See PHAR extension, which will be enabled now, which
allows for easier distribution of software. And closures, which simply have
so many uses in design and save you from clustering your code with too many
function names.

Sure, it doesn't change the language, and it doesn't really break apps that
were written in PHP 5.2, but if you're going to design an application,
thinking about this options is very useful.

Too bad we don't get Traits yet =( Horizontal re-use is very nice.