Re: mirroring website

Create 2 different configuration files, load the appropriate one after
checking whether $_ENV['dev'] is set to 1 or 0 then all you have to do is to
set the environment variable 'dev' to 1 or 0 through .htaccess file.
After setting this up all you have to do is to rewrite the files whenever
you want to update the files in the production server or vice versa.

Just my $0.02 ;)

Nitsan