Re: Re: sloppiness & stupidity

At 8:47 PM -0400 6/17/09, Robert Cummings wrote:
tedd wrote:

As I understand it and is my experience, that is true -- a stand-alone HTML attribute should be equal to itself, such as selected="selected", or more specifically selected="SELECTED".

How is that MORE specific? XHTML is like a cross-section of XML and HTML. It is case sensitive, so using an uppercase value in this context is LESS specific.

Cheers,

Rob:

It's by definition that case-sensitive is more specific than case-insensitive -- for example with respect to case-insensitive "selected", "SELECTED", and "SeLeCtEd" are all the same whereas case sensitive is more specific. Is this not true?

Or do you have a different definition that states more variety is more specific?

As far as using selected="selected" or selected="SELECTED", I prefer the latter -- but I don't think it makes much difference. Do you see otherwise?

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------