Re: php applications

At 11:49 AM -0400 6/8/09, Daniel Brown wrote:
On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 11:48, tedd<tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Hi gang:

 I've heard that php can be used for more than web programming, but I am not
 aware of specifically how that can be done. So, let me ask directly -- can
 php be used to create a Mac Application?

 If so, how?

    Probably the most well-known method is php-gtk:

    http://gtk.php.net/

I must be getting too old for this stuff.

I'm used to an IDE where you write code, run, and debug it. When you get it where you want and want to create an application, then you compile the code and there's an application -- a stand alone application -- done!

But I don't see anything like that there. In fact, if you review their applications link, you'll see that they don't have any applications either. It's all "There's not any applications in this category ... Maybe you would like to add one?" Well... a "Hello world" would be nice.

I downloaded and installed the MacPorts too, but that leaves me wanting for a simple Hello World example as well, but nothing there either.

In both cases they are very verbose about command line stuff, but short on how to use php to create an application. I just don't see it. Maybe my terminology is not correct. My applications stand by themselves and run when clicked -- no command line is needed.

To me it looks like another one of those other things that everyone says is great, but I sit here saying "Hey, I don't know about you guys, but the Emperor's naked."

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------