Re: formatting - design question

At 2:08 PM -0400 6/4/09, PJ wrote:
Nitsan Bin-Nun wrote:
 >From my experience I tend to use a difference ID for the body tag, for
 instance <body id='homepage'> and then format it in my CSS using ID
 reference:
 #homepage .classname {
       color: blue;
 }

 This way you can use a default format for all the pages and create minor (or
 major) changes in the theme in no time :)

 I would also suggest to attach the CSS filename reference at the <head> tag
 the update time of the file, so that the browser will automatically update
 the cache of the CSS whenever you decide to edit it.

 Just my 2 cents ;)
Oh, I think it's worth a lot more than that.
I just installed IE 8 just to have it for verification. It's no better
than IE 6. I never use them personally.
But how do you produce interesting web pages to look well on both
without making stupid compromises. What looks well on Firefox, looks
like MSshit on IE.

The way you do it is to keep it simple.

If you use a different style sheet for every page, then not only does that cause more load times, but it confuses the Hell out of things, in my opinion.

Style sheets are meant simplify things so decide on how you want things to look uniformly throughout your site and then stick with it. There's really no good reason to keep changing things throughout a site.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------