Re: Re: PHP vs ASP.NET

ASP (Classic) and ASP.NET = two different things.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Server_Pages

Personally, I don't see a reason for putting anyone, or any
company through the torture of building web apps with
.NET. ...VBSCRIPT for the web just doesn't make sense to
me with the other solutions that are available... but
I suppose decisions are made for many reasons that can
force, perhaps less than optimal methods.

I come to this thread with the perspective of having a vested
interest in a server-side scripting language and my opinion
is that I hope there is never only one resounding solution...
even if that solution was my preferred language.

I appreciate the different ideas and different tools out
there. They all offer perspectives and they all have strengths
and weaknesses and that is good to have at our fingertips when
we are deciding what route is best to take for a solution.

About usage numbers, I don't know of a great way to determine
those... most languages can parse multiple suffixes.. for example,
I almost exclusively prefer to use .html files to parse my
dynamic solutions.

Also, I am guessing that the free solutions.. such as PHP, are more likely to be installed but not used.. unlike the paid solutions. But, in
the end, I don't think it is about usage numbers. Like I said,
I think people should use the solution that best fits their
project/s needs.

Donovan

--
  =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o
  D. BROOKE                       EUCA Design Center