Re: PHP class question

Peter van der Does wrote:
> I have the following situation.
>
> I wrote some software and split it up into functionality:
>
> class core {
>   function go{
>   }
> }
>
> class A extends core {
>   // PHP4 constructor
>   function A {
>     $this->go();
>   }
>
> }
>
> class B extends core {
> }
>
> In core I define functions and variables that are to be used
> through out my program and to address those functions/variables I just
> use $this-> .
>
> Now I ran into a situation where class A needs to be extended with
> another class. This is not my choice, it's part of a framework I have
> to use.

This doesn't make sense.  You say "class A needs to be extended with
another class", however what you show below is "class A extending
framework_class".

Show your classes and we can help I think.

> Currently I solved this by doing this:
>
> class A extends framework_class {
>   $var core;
>
>   // PHP4 constructor
>   function A {
>     $this->core = new core();
>     $this->core->go();
>   }
> }
>
> The question I have, is this a good solution, is it the only solution
> or are there different ways to tackle this?
> As you might see it needs to run in PHP4.

I'm sure there are.  This doesn't look right to me, but I'm confused by
your examples.

--
Thanks!
-Shawn