Re: product listing columns

PJ wrote:
Michael A. Peters wrote:
PJ wrote:
I am about to bust my donkey again trying to set up a dynamic product
listing for a web page using mysql, php & CSS (the donkey ride).
What better place to ask than here in guru heaven:
1. What's a good list/forum to ask for help on CSS - it just is too
illogical.
I don't think I've ever asked anything here, but I've found answers
via google at http://forums.devshed.com/css-help-116/ quite often.

I don't do a lot with CSS though.

2. With mysql, is the best way to populate list columns with ul and li
or would just a simple column work fine? I have done this with a left
navigation column and could repeat such columns next to each other with
the final column with input fields for quantities ordered. Background
could just be an image to fill the container div.
Does that sound about right?
Thanks for any suggestions.

For navigation columns I always use a list.
You can do some need stuff with list via CSS to make either a top -
down navigation bar or a horizontal navigation bar - and they still
work well in non-graphical browsers, where they simply display as a list.

Hmmm.... I first thought of using the ul & li stuff... but I'm not sure
it will populate from a query too easily... ?? especially as I am rather
determined to try for a css approach.

<ul>
<?php
sql code here, print <li></li>
?>
</ul>

You can style a list with css. And the list still displays nicely in non graphical browsers that ignore style.