Re: CSS & tables

Paul M Foster wrote:

That's the same problem XML has. The original idea was that you could,
for example, have an invoice, and because it was marked up with the
appropriate tags, everyone would be able to understand what it meant.

xml provides a standard way of pointing the reader to a reference specifying how the document is to be read.

I have run into problems before (data from biological databases provided in xml) that do not define the element and attribute semantics. That's a problem with the content generator, not xml, which I believe is just a subset of SGML.