Re: Re: CSS & tables

Paul M Foster wrote:
On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 09:20:56AM -0400, Al wrote:

PJ wrote:
I know of no better place to ask. This may not be strictly a PHP issue,
but...
I am busting my hump trying to format rather large input pages with CSS
and trying to avoid tables; but it looks to me like I am wasting my time
as positioning with CSS seems an impossibly tortuous exercise. I've
managed to do some pages with CSS, but I feel like I am shooting myself
in the foot or somewhere...
Perhaps I am too demanding. I know that with tables, the formatting is
ridiculously fast.
Any thoughts, observations or recommendations?

It appears this thread has neglected to mention the "display" property values
that emulate table elements, e.g., table-row, table-cell, etc. As in:
complete table without once ever using table tags <table>, <td> etc.

Personally, using the display table properties to avoid using table tags has
left me a bit puzzled. But, I just figured I was overlooking something.

Can some one educate me on this point.

According to my Visibone cheatsheet, the attributes you're talking about
are "unimplemented W3C features".

Paul

IE8, FF3x etc. do. Problem is with IE7, which makes it impractical to use.