Re: CSS & tables

On Fri, 2009-05-15 at 13:25 -0400, PJ wrote:
> I know of no better place to ask. This may not be strictly a PHP issue,
> but...
> I am busting my hump trying to format rather large input pages with CSS
> and trying to avoid tables; but it looks to me like I am wasting my time
> as positioning with CSS seems an impossibly tortuous exercise. I've
> managed to do some pages with CSS, but I feel like I am shooting myself
> in the foot or somewhere...
> Perhaps I am too demanding. I know that with tables, the formatting is
> ridiculously fast.
> Any thoughts, observations or recommendations?

Ask the guy paying you if he wants you to waste his money :)

CSS is nice and all, but there are so many issues with getting layouts
going that are so easy with tables. If only Microsoft would fully
support the CSS rules for table layouts without tables then this would
be a moot issue. But that hasn't happened yet (or has it in IE 8?).

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com