Software to read/write Excel to CD?

Hey all,

I'm inheriting a project that was unsuccessfully off-shored and is now in such bad shape (I've seen the code. It's awful) that they are firing the off-shore company and starting over.

One of the things the other company said was possible, and I'm not familiar with... if I understand correctly, is to create a CD with not just an Excel spreadsheet, but software on that CD that when placed in another computer will open the spreadsheet, allow it to be modified and rewritten back to the CD.

This is part of the requirements.

Does anyone know of such software and its name?

Thanks,
Skip
--
Skip Evans