Problems with HTTPS and maybe an .htaccess???

Hey all,

A while back I asked about forms that take credit card info and https. I have always put such forms behind SSL, but a site I have been asked to do maintenance work on did not, and after responses from the list and at my recommendation they installed an SSL and I modified the code to call https when it hits that form, so that part is okay.

But now I have a problem implementing this on their development site, which is just a duplicate code base inside a directory public_html/_dev and a domain name dev.sitename.com, instead of sitename.com.

The problem is, and I believe it may be the .htaccess file, redirecting the https pages to the live site. In other words, I'm trying to test something on the dev site in the shopping cart, but when I click a button that takes it to the CC form, hence https, although the URL says, https://dev.sitename.com/... I can tell it is actually on the live site because the code that executes is the old code on the live site, not the new code on the development server.

I suspect the .htaccess file, which looks thusly...

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php
Options +FollowSymLinks
IndexIgnore */*
# Turn on the RewriteEngine
RewriteEngine On
#  Rules
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . index.php

Now I'm no expert at these rewrite rules, and sometimes have to take several Valium, a shot of vodka, and weep for hours after working with them (okay, that was a bit of hyperbole), but it looks like any URL it cannot identify gets routed to index.php, and that is because index.php evaluates and processes URLs like

sitename.com/shirts/mens/

... and so forth.

Question is, am I on the right track suspecting the rewrite rule for redirecting the https pages to the live site, and if so, anyone see a fix for this? Again, hyperbole aside, I'm no expert at rewrite rules.

Much thanks. Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Skip
--
Skip Evans