Re: compiling a test php from latest csv snapshot on os-x

On 5/4/09 2:52 AM, "Michael A. Peters" <mpeters@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tom Worster wrote:
>> i've an outstanding verification to do for a php bug fix. can anyone point
>> me at instructions for compiling the latest csv snapshot for testing on os-x
>> without installing over my current installed php?
>
> I assume you can compile as a non privileged and set a prefix during
> configure that make install will respect.
>
> One word of caution - make test will sometimes fail (linux systems) if
> an existing php installation exists, it's probably because it finds the
> installed php first in it's path, if you can set up a chroot build
> environment that's probably best, as you can then run make test after
> make without version conflicts causing test failures.
>
> But to avoid over writing your existing php - log in as an unprivileged
> user, give write permission to /opt/testphp (or something similar) and
> use that as a prefix when configuring php - then you can run configure,
> make, make install as an unprivileged user and make install won't have
> permission to over write your existing php.
>
> I'm not familiar with OS X but that should work.

thanks, mike.

i'm getting a compile error that i'm confused about. can anyone help me get
my configure options right?

here's what i'm using:

export WITHOUT_X11=yes
export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.5
CFLAGS="-arch x86_64" \
CXXFLAGS="-arch x86_64" \
./configure --prefix=/test/php \
  --sysconfdir=/private/etc \
  --enable-mbstring \
  --enable-mbregex \
  --enable-sockets \
  --enable-cli \
  --with-config-file-path=/test/php/etc \
  --with-pcre-regex=yes \
  --disable-cgi \
  --disable-ipv6 \
  --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs

here's the error:

Undefined symbols:
  "_libiconv", referenced from:
      __php_iconv_appendl in iconv.o
      __php_iconv_appendl in iconv.o
      _php_iconv_string in iconv.o
      _php_iconv_string in iconv.o
      __php_iconv_strlen in iconv.o
      __php_iconv_strpos in iconv.o
      _zif_iconv_substr in iconv.o
      _zif_iconv_mime_encode in iconv.o
      _zif_iconv_mime_encode in iconv.o
      _zif_iconv_mime_encode in iconv.o
      _zif_iconv_mime_encode in iconv.o
      _zif_iconv_mime_encode in iconv.o
      _zif_iconv_mime_encode in iconv.o
      _php_iconv_stream_filter_append_bucket in iconv.o
      _php_iconv_stream_filter_append_bucket in iconv.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libs/libphp5.bundle] Error 1

adding --with-iconv-dir=/usr/lib to the configuration doesn't help.  in
/usr/lob i have

lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel       16 Nov 22  2007
/usr/lib/libiconv.2.4.0.dylib -> libiconv.2.dylib
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  4147008 Sep 23  2007 /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel       20 Nov 22  2007 /usr/lib/libiconv.dylib ->
libiconv.2.4.0.dylib
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel      795 Feb 19  2008 /usr/lib/libiconv.la