Re: E-Mail Verification - Yes, I know....

Jay Blanchard wrote:
Our company wants to do e-mail verification and does not want to use the
requests / response method (clicking a link in the e-mail to verify the
address), which as we all know is the only way you can be truly sure. I
found this;

http://verify-email.org/

Which seems to be the next best deal and it is written in PHP. Has
anyone used this? Is anyone doing something similar? How do you handle
errors? I know that some domains will not accept these requests.

I think that this method would really work for us and cut down on the
bogus e-mail addresses we're receiving though. Thoughts?

Use login smtp with authenticate

Include Domain Keys and SPF in your message header. Many incoming mail servers use them to verify mail. I've not had one email rejected since using them.