RE: CamelCase conversion to proper_c_style

My suggestion is to use the Find and Replace feature of your code editing
software. Sorry to disagree with Mr. Hayes, however, if you do as he says
and replace as you go you will be creating errors as these variables,
functions, etc will most likely be CaSe SenSItiVe. Change one then you need
to change all.

As always, do not forget the first three rules of code writing; backup,
backup, backup.

Marc Hall

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Hi,

> I know it's probably heresy for a lot of coders, but does anyone know a
> function or class or regexp or somesuch which will scan through a PHP
> file and convert all the CamelCase code into proper C-type code? That
> is, "CamelCase" gets converted to "camel_case". I snagged a bunch of
> someone else's PHP code I'd like to modify, but it's coded the wrong
> way, so I'd like to fix it.
>
> (I'm teasing you CamelCase people. But I really would like to change
> this code around, because it doesn't happen to be my preference.)

I'd say, if you must, then change as you go. If you do it all in a
oner you'll likely introduce a shed load of problems.

--
Richard Heyes
HTML5 graphing: RGraph (www.rgraph.net)

database 4036 (20090427) __________