Re: Multiple return statements in a function.

Hi,

> while(true){

Yikes.

Personally, I'd put the return value wherever it will make the code
easier to read. If you're checking what has been passed as arguments,
and one of them is wrong, I think there's little point in continuing,
so an immediate return is the order of the day. Though with
exceptions, this could be mitigated (IIRC). BTW there's also something
to be said for code conciseness, which I think is loosely related. Eg
your function could be condensed to this:

function check($a)
{
    return is_array($a) ? true : false;
}

But then the question is nullified somewhat.

--
Richard Heyes
HTML5 graphing: RGraph (www.rgraph.net)