Re: Creating A Chat?

2009/4/21 David Négrier <d.negrier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> There are other ways to do this. I've been doing this in a pure PHP way
> with Xaja (without the need of using fastcgi, with just PHP and Apache).
> There is an explanation going on here:
> http://www.thecodingmachine.com/ext/xaja/doc/about/architecture.html
> Maybe it will make things more clear.

Apache has a very big footprint per user, especially when it's using
mod_php, so I'd guess you're pretty limited in terms of concurrent
connections. The actual use case for the pnotes.org code is expecting
several thousand concurrent connections at peak, potentially more.

Xaja looks interesting tho, will be looking further into that. Thanks.

-Stuart

--
http://stut.net/