Re: Check whether a page is Google Cached

Alan Chen wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
>
> I want to write a small PHP script test.php that can determine whether a
> webpage is Google Cached.
>
> Assuming it is uploaded to www.mysite.com, and I want to use it to check
> whether www.yoursite.com is google cached.
>
> It works as follows:
>
> The user input the query:
>
> http://www.mysite.com/test.php?site=www.yoursite.com
>
> The php script will send the following request to the browser
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:www.yoursite.com
>
> in the background.
>
> And if the returned result contains a string "This is Google's cache of",
> then the page is cached, so the php script can display
>
> "Your site is cached by Google"
>
> otherwise, it will say
>
> "Your site is not cached by Google"
>
> Just wonder how to implement such a feature, can anyone write a simple
> sample so that I can use as a startpoint as I am a totally new guy in PHP
> coding
>
> Thanks to all of you so much
>
> Alan

Assuming fopen wrappers are enabled, something like:

$site = $_GET['site'];

$cache = file_get_contents('http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:' . $site);

if (strpos($cache, 'This is Google's cache of') !== false) {
	echo 'Your site is cached by Google';
} else {
	echo 'Nope';
}