Re: Setting Up A Directory For HTTPS Secure Certificate

revDAVE wrote:
GOAL : no one will be able to get to HTTPS directory VIA HTTP.....

So I make this little tester page that seems to work.... Later I'll add auto
redirect.... Is this the kind of thing to add to various pages? Is there a
better way to do this?

I do a separate document root for secure content, and use a separate sub domain (though that isn't required).

They way only content in the secure document root is served via https and content outside the secure domain never is served via https.

I do listen on port 80 of the secure subdomain - but it forwards to the http site:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName secure.shastaherps.org
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.shastaherps.org/ [R]