Re: Need Your Help :) I'm Just About Creating File Uploading Service

Michael A. Peters wrote:
kyle.smith wrote:
How is 700MB too big for HTTP?  Ever download a linux distro?  Ever
benchmark FTP vs HTTP, the overhead is minimal...

I download linux distro's all the time - er, whenever a new CentOS is released.

It's not overhead that is the issue.
It's being able to continue an interrupted download that is an issue.

Resuming interrupted downloads when you are using php to serve a file not in the document root is probably even trickier.

If you don't mind your server doing that, then go ahead and use http - but it will result in increased bandwidth from browsers that crashed, network hickups, etc.