Re: problem with my class

2009/4/16 Jan G.B. <ro0ot.w00t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> 2009/4/16 Luke <luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I've been learning about object oriented programming and I wrote this
> test
> > class but it doesn't seem to be working, it throws no errors but doesn't
> > insert anything to the database either. I have made sure that the data
> being
> > sent when the class is instantiated is valid.
> >
> > I'm probably missing something simple here...
> >

> Are you actually calling your public function?
>
> $x = new RecipeCreator('a', 'b', 'c');
> $x->saveRecipe();
>
> You might want to insert some error reporting...
>
> echo mysql_error(); and alike
>

> Byebye
>

> > I have already
> >
> > class RecipeCreator
> > {
> >        private $rtitle;
> >        private $problem;
> >        private $solution;
> >
> >        function __construct ($t, $p, $s)
> >        {
> >                if(!isset($t, $p, $s))
> >                {
> >                        throw new Exception ('Missing parameters for
> > __construct, need $title $problem and $solution');
> >                }
> >
> >                $this->rtitle   = mysql_real_escape_string($t);
> >                $this->problem  = mysql_real_escape_string($p);
> >                $this->solution = mysql_real_escape_string($s);
> >        }
> >
> >        public function saveRecipe()
> >        {
> >                $query = "INSERT INTO recipe (title, problem, solution)
> > VALUES ('".$this->rtitle."',
> >
> >   '".$this->problem."',
> >
> >   '".$this->solution."')";
> >                mysql_query($query);
> >        }
> > }
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Luke Slater
> >

> --

Yes I am doing that. The query seems to be going through all right too I
tested the syntax in mysql query browser and tried mysql_error() but there
was nothing.
I think there's an issue with the __construct because when I wrote a method
in there to return one of the properties of the function, it turned up
blank! As I said before the variables I'm passing in are definitely valid...