Re: alt() - unknown function?

Hi all,

I've just started looking at the code of an e-commerce site we are taking
over the development of, that another company has previously developed .
Coupled with the difficulty of taking over development of someone else's
code (also poorly commented), I've been stumped by a fatal error on a
function call alt() which is dotted everywhere in the main templating script
(sample below):

// Get/Set a specific property of a page
function getPageProp($prop,$id="") { return
$this->PAGES[alt($id,$this->getPageID())][$prop]; }
function setPageProp($prop,$val,$id="") {
$this->PAGES[alt($id,$this->getPageID())][$prop]=$val; }

It looks to be defining properties for a list of pages, with each page
providing its own PageID.
I've never seen this function before, nor can I find any definition of it in
the site code, I was wondering if anyone recognises this, is it from a
thirdparty templating tool at all?

Thanks

-Tom

I think that you should check the included files (require, require_once, include, include_once) in case it is defined somewhere in there. Another possibility I can think of is to be defined in a framework that you use.

You can check the user and internal functions using the get_defined_fumctions():

http://us.php.net/manual/en/function.get-defined-functions.php

--
Thodoris