Re: Nagios Monitoring

2009/4/13 Waynn Lue <waynnlue@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm looking to write a nagios plugin that essentially monitors whether or
> not a database query returns a value > 0 at any given point.  I was hoping
> to write this in PHP, but I haven't found too many examples of Nagios
> plugins in PHP (
> http://www.barryodonovan.com/index.php/2007/11/02/asterisk-pri-nagios is the
> best one I've found so far).  Just wondering if anyone has any experience
> writing them?
>
> Waynn

I'm not a nagios expert but as far as I know a plugin can be anything
executable that returns the necessary values. So basically you could
just write a php script and make it executable with

#!/path/to/php

write the script here

You can find more information how to use the php cli here:

http://php.net/features.commandline

And here you can find the needed return values:

http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html#AEN78

I hope this helps!

--
Currently developing a browsergame...