RE: $_GET verses $_POST

> From: ron.php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:23:01 -0400
> Subject:  $_GET verses $_POST
>
> How do I know when to use $_GET verses $_POST?
>
> Is there a pre defined variable that does both?
>
> Ron

Hi Ron,

One thing you should know is that when you use $_GET, you'll be sending a little information about the particular page to the browser and therefore it would be displayed in the address bar so for example if you're using get on a login page, you'll be showing user id and passwrod in the address bar. $_POST does the exact opposite of $_GET in that aspect and it's ideal. $_REQUEST does both.

Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Alugo Abdulazeez.