Re: How about a saveXHTML for the DOM?

--- On Wed, 4/8/09, Michael A. Peters <mpeters@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Michael A. Peters <mpeters@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re:  How about a saveXHTML for the DOM?
>
> saveXML() already does what is needed to provide valid
> xhtml output.

>From my test it sometimes generate this like &#13; at the end of the page elements. It also generate things like <script src="file.js" /> which does not work in most browsers.

There are other times when saveXML will remove the \n altogether from the code which caused tags to be displayed in a single line. In addition saveXML() does not preserve html entities. So things like &copy; gets converted to ©.

Sometimes working with saveHTML and saveXML is like being caught between a rock and a hard place.

I'm trying to figure out which would be easier to do:

Going from saveHTML() to XHTML
Going from saveXML() to XHTML

__
Raymond Irving