Re: difficult select problem

PJ wrote:
Gentlemen,

First, let me thank you all for responding and offering suggestions. I
appreciate it and I am learning things.
However, it looks like my message is not getting across:
The problem is not to retrieve only the authors whose last names begin
with A:

1) which books have a second author?
2) who is the second author ?
This is determined by table book_author column ordinal (which can be 1
or 2) - if there is only 1 author for a book then there is no ordinal 2
linked to book_author bookID and authID.

You've been given a few solutions for this and your only reply has been "doesn't do what I want".

Did you try Jim's suggestion? What didn't it do that you wanted it to?

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/