Re: file_get_contents for URLs?

Well, you might want to do it with curl, you might want to write your
own socketscript, or your just check the return variable of
file_get_contents() - it'll be false on failure and it won't try to
get an invalid URL forever. Guess the error is somewhere else, when
your script continues indefinitely.
I'm using theis function in that way with a daily cronjob, and the
remote server isn't so stable... trust me. ;)

But setting the timeout can be done in php.ini or like suggested on
the php.net manual:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.file-get-contents.php#82527

byebye