RE: Oracle's dump to MySQL

On Behalf Of 9el
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Phpster <phpster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Extract to csv/XML?
>>

> My main goal is to import the data from Oracle DB to mySQL for a live
site I
> wrote in php. I dont know a better way to do that.

The strategy depends on how complicated the database is. If it is single
table, then Oracle can export that to a CSV file which MySQL can import.
You simply have to make sure the column types match. If it is more
complex, then you need to spend some time translating the relationships
from the Oracle schema into a MySQL schema. There is no one to one
correspondence here, in spite of the promises of the SQL standards. Once
you have done that, you may still be able to use the CSV files, but will
need to determine what order to import them and how to restore the
relevant indexes.

Bob McConnell