Re: PHP + MySQL - Load last inserts

haliphax schrieb:
[..cut...]

Except when your primary key value rolls over, or fills a gap between
two other rows that was left when a row was deleted/moved/etc... there
has got to be a better way than grabbing rows in descending order
based on the auto_increment value.

Are you doing the inserts one at a time? If so, why not just use code
to remember what you put in the DB?
I do the inserts one at a time, i could use code to remember but i think it would be very slow when i have too much users.

The second thing that aware me from doing this is, why use/build ressources when you could use others? i think why should i use and add another system? I work with mysql already and when php+mysql have the function i need it's better and i don't waste ressources :)