Re: Problems with implode

On 3/24/09 7:14 AM, "Toke Herkild" <th@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've an array() with approx 1200 items (list of id-mappings) that part
> works fine.
>
> Now I want to add this list to a query:
> $where = "id in (".$idList.")";
>
> To accomplish that i do an implode:
> $idList = implode(',', $TidList);
>
> My problem is that some of the values gets concenated, others ere
> missing 2 or 3 cifres and some just doesn't show up.

my research turned up no conclusive answer to whether implode() is
mbstring-safe. hence i consider it suspect.

so you could profit by investigating if the problem is associated with the
size of the array or with specific data its members. if implode() is not
mbstring-safe (as i suspect) and your data is not all composed of 7-bit
ascii and you use utf-8 strings in the array members then you may be
experiencing a feature of php. if so, then you should be able to demonstrate
the same feature with a much smaller array.

please let us know what you discover.

c u
fsb