webmin mods..

oh...

has anyone ever played/used/modified the webmin app??

i'm looking for a web based app/tool that i can modify to be able to manage
my distribbuted client/server crawler on my network of boxes. i'd rather
start with an existing framework/app that already kind of works with
modules/apps on a system, and then modify it to meet my needs...

i'm ultimately looking for a php based web app that i can modify to allow me
to schedule running my crawler... along with a huge number of additional
functions..

thanks