Re: Web Development/Application Analysis

2009/3/22 OOzy Pal <oozypal@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 6:33 PM, tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> At 6:15 PM +0300 3/21/09, OOzy Pal wrote:
>>>
>>> Tedd,
>>>
>>> You wrote a long story about a client hiring a programmer which not
>>> what I am asking.
>>>
>>> Anyhow, thank you for your post. I learned from it.
>>>
>>> I don't want to take it further. This php mailing list.
>>
>> Really -- is that what this is?
>>
>> I thought it was a place where people could ask:
>>
>> -- quote
>> I have just hired a remote PHP programmer. His main job is web
>> development and applications.
>>
>> I have few concerns, I would be happy if someone can point me to the
>> right direction.
>>
>>   1. How can I provide him the requirements. I mean how can I analyze
>> the site and put everything in writing.
>>   2. How can I estimate manhours.
>> -- unquote
>>
>> For which I provided advice and example, which apparently fell on deaf ears.
>>
>> As such, I won't waste my time entertaining any other questions from you.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> tedd
>>
>> --
>> -------
>> http://sperling.com  http://ancientstones.com  http://earthstones.com
>>

> Again, I thank you for your post. It was beneficial.
>
> If I may ask you to use the time that you will not use for asnwering
> my questions in reading about relaxation politness.
>
> No matter what type disagreement happend between any two, that does
> not give any one of them the right to insult the other.

I disagree. I believe it's a basic human right to say whatever you
want. It's also a basic human right to take offence at anything said
to or about you, but that's your choice. Stopping people from speaking
their minds is an early step on a steep downward hill. Oh, and I fart
in your general direction, etc, etc ;-)

Anyway, back to the point. You asked a question about dealing with a
remote developer. Regardless of whether you employ that person full
time, on a contract basis or ad hoc you are their client so Tedd's
comments formed a valid response to the question.

All too often people take the words of other people and apply their
own definitions and decide it doesn't apply. In my view this list and
the people on it are my clients, as is the board at my day job, as is
my better half, etc. A client to me (and a fair percentage of the
people I know) is "anyone you do stuff regardless of remuneration",
and very similar procedures apply to all different types of clients
for the purposes of specifying requirements and estimating effort.

Now that's done, it's Mothers Day here in jolly old England, and I
have a phonecall to make!

-Stuart

--
http://stut.net/