Re: mysql_real_escape_string paranoid enough?

2009/3/21 Robert Cummings <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Yes, I'm a big fan of automatic database connection identifiers. Why
> just the other week I was integrating ZenCart into another system and I
> couldn't understand why ZenCart wasn't able to properly retrieve the
> last_insert_id(). After digging throught he code I found it was because
> they were making use of magic identifier semantics and since another db
> connection also existed, it was being used for the last_insert_id().
> Wonderful stuff. If you have a niftly little database layer, then it
> shouldn't need magic semantics since it should track the connection
> itself.

What probably makes the most sense is instead of relying on
mysqli_real_escape_string, to create a simple unicode-capable regex
that does the database escaping for you. then it is totally portable.

That is what is sticking in the back of my mind. Even though I force
utf8 connection on any of my database handles already.